- Area Manager France
Area Manager France
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Esco has grown considerably in recent years, and will continue to grow due to ongoing re-investment in new products and sales. The ongoing strategy is to improve existing products, develop new products, and expand the sales and service network globally.
This new role will work directly with the Chairman, Group CEO and Group COO and be involved with setting up a new French subsidiary.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in life science tools industry, specifically laboratory equipment.
- Experience and documented results from previous sales, marketing, business development or management positions.
- Demonstrated experience of managing partners and employees.
- Experience with executing of business plans.
- High level of initiative required.
- Good communication skills, written and spoken in English.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent negotiation and sales closing skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research markets and identify attractive segments to enter.
- Provide input into the strategic planning process.
- Set up new French subsidiary and establish marketing and technical support functions, while managing sales through a network of dealers.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive technologies, industry and market trends.
- Develop M&A target list aligned to group strategic plan and actively engage targets.
- Identify uncovered / under covered areas of the market, and target via establishment of direct sales and/or appointment of new strategic distribution channels.
- Strengths in conceptualizing and executing sales strategies, tactics, and techniques based on customer reception and analysis of market environment.
- Survey the market and estimate/determine Esco market share in all major product categories, competitor market share and strategies. Develop and implement strategy per product category to enable Esco to gain market share.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.